To join in with National Eczema Week (13th – 20th Sept) here at Allersafe we are highlighting the need for all to be eczema aware.
National Eczema Week is organised each year by the National Eczema Society to raise awareness of the skin condition and highlight ways of controlling and easing the skin condition.
According to national UK statistics eczema affects as many as one in five children and one in twelve adults and the condition can flare up and affect anyone at any time during their lives. Together, eczema and contact dermatitis account for 84-90% of skin diseases that affect the UK’s population, a figure which has continued to rise dramatically, (by 40%) during the past five years.
Eczema or dermatitis is a non-contagious skin condition which comes in many different forms and varies dramatically from person to person. Skin can become dry, flaky and very itchy and in more extreme cases becomes very sore and bleeds. Many everyday products can cause irritation including soaps, detergents, perfumes, wool and synthetic fabrics. Cold, dry weather, certain fruits and vegetables and stress can also have a negative effect.
We pride ourselves at Allersafe for being one of the UK’s leading online stores for allergy sufferers. We stock a wide range of products aimed at relieving the symptoms and controlling this skin condition.
- Hope’s Relief Skincare Range. Created and developed by Melbourne naturopath, Jacqueline Hope these products offer a natural relief for eczema. Made with natural healing ingredients that include liquorice, Manuka honey and Aloe Vera, they are free from artificial colours, animal products and perfumes.
- Bamboo bed linen. Made from 100% bamboo, fibres are soft to the touch, breathable and three times more absorbent than cotton. Bamboo fabric has the added benefit of naturally wicking moisture away from the body and regulating body temperature. Bamboo fibres also contain an agent that stops bacteria from reproducing called bamboo-kun, which is helpful in preventing already irritated skin from getting further infected. The anti-bacterial and moisture wicking properties along with the silky smooth texture also helps stop skin catching on fabric.
At Allersafe we also offer a full range of allergy relieving products just check out our online store, www.allersafe.co.uk, along with advice and solutions to help alleviate conditions such as Asthma, Eczema and Psoriasis, and to help with allergies to dust mites, pollen and pets.
Allersafe’s top tips for prevention and relief of eczema:
- Make sure fingernails are short – long fingernails can break the skin, causing more irritation and pain.
- Keep a diary of when eczema flares up to identify triggers and track the condition
- Moisturise, moisturise and moisturise some more.
- After washing, avoid rubbing skin and gently pat with a soft towel instead.
- Finally, keep stress levels to a minimum, easier said than done. Stress has been known to cause eczema to get worse…
For your chance to win two fabulous bamboo bed linen just click here to enter!